Sunday, September 28, 2008

anxiety about the possibility of anxiety


Frances comes home tomorrow. It's been a really wonderful break, a much needed recharging of the batteries. And I miss her. I've talked with her on the phone and we skyped the other night, two things that were quite exciting for me, but I'm nervous about her coming home. I've been so much more relaxed while she's been gone, and I'm nervous that once she comes home I'll feel overwhelmed all over again. Hopefully, instead, I'll be rejuvinated and refreshed--isn't that supposed to be the result?

But for the moment it's just C and me. I think he's a bit bored with me, as used as he is to the chaos that is Frances. My bet is he'll be excited to see her, excited for things to go back to the way they usually are. Will see.

No comments: