Wednesday, November 26, 2008

living up north


It's winter here. I've been meaning to say that. It snowed every day last week and was wonderful. Today is a bit warmer and the world has turned to slush. While it's kind of a pain on school days to have Frances's mesh bag of snow pants, snow boots, mittens, fleece, and hat, it's just one of the things you do, like dishes I suppose. Frances loves to play outside, or go for a "walk" which is really a hop, because she insists we both jump our way down the sidewalk. Clark likes it too--not the jumping, but the hanging out in the backpack. He screams and hollers while I put on his snowsuit and buckle him into the pack, but as soon as I lift it he's quiet and content. I can't understand why he doesn't see that something he likes is coming, why he isn't pleased about the snowsuit...

Frances is so sweet to him. Sometimes when she doesn't know I'm looking she kisses him very softly on the top of the head. When he's fussy she not only brings him a paci in a hurry, but she gently touches his head with her fingertips. It's lovely.

1 comment:

Coen Family said...

Your snow looks beautiful. We don't have any yet, and I'm extremely jealous. Could you send some our way? I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving. I miss you tons and can't wait to see you again.

Love,
Amy