Saturday, March 28, 2009

cosmic humor

Well, it's some kind of cruel joke, but we're still dealing with illness around here. Stomach for Frances and Mitch, and I'm on my second round of antibiotics. I still can't hear much except for my pulse in my head. The other day Frances was talking on her pretend cell phone and I heard her say, "Hi Susie! How are you? I'm fine. What? What? What? What? What? What? What?" I wonder where she's heard that.

At night I lie in bed and chant to myself: we will be well again one day, we will be well again one day. I'll feel well and sleep at night and be able to hear my husband when he speaks to me. I'll have energy and go to the gym and my kids will do more than cry all the time. I'll find joy in living. One day.

1 comment:

Paige said...

It's true! This too shall pass.